Company: BOSTON SCIENTIFIC
Job Role: Senior R&D Engineer.
Experience: (2-3 years).
Qualification: BS in Mechanical Engineering or
Salary: $180,903 USD/year.
Apply Mode: (Online)
Deadline: Not Mentioned
About the Company:
With over 15 years of experience in the medical technology field, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to improve the healthcare of individuals with innovative medical solutions. It is impossible to find a better place to make a difference to people around the world and around the corner than here. We have a collaborative culture at Boston Scientific that is driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on a daily basis. We solve some of the most challenging challenges in healthcare with determination, imagination, and a commitment to people. Together, we’re committed to making a significant difference in the lives of people around the world. Work here has a meaningful purpose – to improve the lives of others through your work. As a Boston Scientific employee, you will harness the potential within you by working with a diverse team of high-achieving, dedicated people to tackle some of the biggest challenges in the health care industry. By providing you with the latest tools, information, and training, we will help you advance your skills and career. Whatever your ambitions, you’ll find support here.
About the role:
This Senior R&D role will join a team to develop a next generation thrombectomy device. This is a major project with high visibility, and the position should provide the right candidate with excellent growth potential.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Develop new devices from early concept to product design and commercialization. To explore the design space, plan, design, and build prototypes.
- Test prototypes and develop new test methods where necessary.
- Take part in quality system activities, such as design controls, risk management, design verification and validation, and detailed documentation.
- Identify and gather feedback on the requirements and performance of new devices from physicians and other health care professionals so that new product concepts can be translated into customer needs.
- Providing training and/or direction to technicians and less experienced engineers.
- Lead engineering sub-teams to successful completion of project objectives.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering or Biomedical Engineering
- Required minimum years of work experience (primarily in medical device or related field): 5 years with BS, or 3 years with MS, or 0 years with PhD
- Mechanical engineering skills in a wide range of areas, including dynamic systems, fatigue, properties of biocompatible materials, and fluid dynamics with an understanding of applications to the body.
- Expertise and experience in peripheral artery disease states, treatments, and anatomy.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Solid experimental design and statistical analysis knowledge
- Experience with BSC quality systems and PLCP system
Requisition ID: 498736
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen. So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Medical, Engineer, Risk Management, Aerospace Engineering, Healthcare, Engineering, Quality, Finance
How to Apply Click on the Below link, it will redirect you to source Page and apply there.