Director of Corporate Development Jobs In Dubai 2023 | LyondellBasell
For More Job: Click Here
Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluate opportunities for organic/inorganic/JV growth from a strategic, go-to-market perspective
- Develop strong knowledge of the strategic landscape, industry structures, market trends and competitive dynamics in which each Business Unit operates
- Apply knowledge of markets, customers, products, technology, manufacturing and feedstock positions, and sustainability/circular economy topics to formulate and drive the LYB Middle East / India growth agenda
- Collaborate with Business Units to scope, identify and activate strategic opportunities including acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial partnerships, divestitures and other special projects requiring high degree of cross-functional leadership, collaboration and focus
- Identify the needs of the business, transaction objectives, potential synergies and other value creation opportunities
- Prioritize attractive internal and external opportunities and evaluate build/buy/partner strategies
- Support negotiations and collaboration with external parties to secure transactions on the best possible terms for LyondellBasell while striking the appropriate level of risk and reward.
- Serve as a trusted and credible advisor in representing the interests of Business Units and LyondellBasell as whole.
- Source potential strategic partners and/or investment targets
- Develop data-driven investment thesis, business cases and evaluation criteria.
- Perform financial analyses, financial/business modelling/economics, deal structuring, and sensitivity analyses
- Form and manage multi-disciplinary deal teams
- Prepare documentation to present and advance strategic opportunities
- Work with in-house or third party legal to draft and/or execute various M&A documents
- Communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents, both written and verbally, and with all levels of an organization
- Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering preferred
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of total experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in investment banking, deal advisory/execution, JV negotiation, deal valuation, corporate development or an advanced / strategic marketing role is required
- Demonstrated experience bringing together multidisciplinary teams and stakeholders to successfully identify and consummate transactions and drive projects and change, including changing behaviors and mindsets
- International experience required
- Experience in an operating company, preferably in chemicals, oil and gas or industrials sector preferred
- Extensive financial modelling skills, with the capacity to work closely with accounting, tax and legal functions to support potential partnerships or acquisitions
- Highly motivated individual to work in an extremely fast paced environment both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external business partners including but not limited to bankers, consultants, and legal counsel to advise Senior Executives on opportunities (including but not limited to valuation, deal terms, and interactions with potential partners / targets)
- Ability to communicate at a strategic level with partner / potential partner development teams and senior leaders
- Must be highly analytical and possess expertise in quantitative analysis
- Strong oral/written communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of individuals
To apply for this job please visit www.careerjet.ae.