Director of Design and Technical Services Jobs In Dubai 2023 | Accor
For More Job: Click Here
Summary of Responsibilities:
- D&TS Project Support
- Liaise with Owners’ representatives to ensure their understanding of and compliance with Accor Brand Design Standards and expectations.
- Develop regionally appropriate hotel design and planning strategies through the regional Design & Technical Services team in line with the Brand Design requirements.
- Provide support for Development Lead Brand Pitch documents where required for strategic deals.
- Review and approve all Design concepts for renovations and new builds.
- Collaborate with Design & Technical Services and all regional representatives to ensure thorough understanding of the operational requirements in guest facing areas of the properties.
- Liaise with Owners, Designers, Architects, Lighting Designers, etc, to ensure understanding of and adherence to Accor Brand Design parameters and project design briefs.
- Consistently offers professional, innovative, engaging and friendly service to colleagues, stakeholders and owners alike.
- Participate in preparation of Program Committee documentation and validate that projects are in line with the brand(s) standards. Report non compliances.
- Preparing and maintaining up to date monthly project progress reports, outlining the projected opening date for each property and construction status.
- Leads the project Kick-off Meetings with members of the Design Services, Operational Team and attend key construction related meetings.
- Responsible for the review of Mock Up Rooms, developing the report and determining the prototype room incorporates all required changes.
- Visit, inspect and validate the mock-up rooms and facilitate issuing reports resulting from these reviews.
- Ensuring and monitoring all projects on-site construction for appropriate quality, compliance with Accor’s approved drawings and Accor Brand Standards. Reporting immediately any deviations from quality or Brand Standards to the VP Design Services and if required, working with the Owner, on corrective measures.
- Responsible for overseeing the design and review process of all outsourced [TSA] activities including, but not limited to, engineering, fire life and safety and ultra-low voltage systems for all new construction and renovation projects in collaboration with the Director of MEP Design Services.
- Responsible for the post-opening follow-up report.
- 10 years experience in the architectural or engineering design field with strong project management skills.
- Architectural or Engineering degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in managing internal multi-disciplinary teams in the development of hospitality project.
- Experience of effective management of third party consultants.
- Independent thinker, comfortable with proactive innovation, managing change and leading department initiatives.
- Experience of working with respect for local cultures and the ability to flex and adapt solutions to changing needs and environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of hotel and resort operations (including rooms, food and beverage, spa, flow of meeting space)
- An eye for detail, good analytical skills and be capable of making sound business decisions.
- Highly organized, charismatic, hands on team player with exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, CAD, InDesign, Photoshop or similar design presentation software.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Fluent in English
- French is a plus
To apply for this job please visit www.careerjet.ae.