Dry Cargo Broker Jobs In Dubai 2023 | Clarksons
What you’ll be doing
- Drive revenue and develop client base.
- Market tonnage to customers/shippers/charterers.
- Negotiate spot/time charters to achieve maximum income for the owners.
- Be aware of the positions and desired strategic directions for each ship assigned.
- Coordinate the allocation of spot and contract cargo to the ship assigned to the specific service.
- Set up and negotiate deals, including presenting the business to potential clients, negotiating the main terms of a contract or sale and seeing it through to its conclusion, and the completion of any follow up that may be involved.
- Coordinate with chartering and operation departments to maximise space utiliisation, minimise the number of port and berth calls and maximise the voyage financial results.
Key Skills & Experience
- Successful track record of shipbroking within Dry Cargo.
- Experience of handymax, supramax and/or panamax.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Fluency in English, Chinese and / or Korean.
- Personable and engaging, able to build strong relationships.
- Driven, self-motivated and client focused.
- Strong commercial judgement with excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong numeracy skills and excellent presentation skills.
- High focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
To apply for this job please visit www.careerjet.ae.