- Must have a completed qualification in Marine Engineering or similar
- Must have at least 5-years of experience in similar marine or similar large medium speed engine component workshop servicing and repair, machining, or equivalent experience or schooling.
- Needs to demonstrate good mechanical comprehension and strong communication skills with technical staff, customers and fellow employees
- Communicates verbally in an effective manner with technical staff, other employees and vendors.
- Be able to operate all workshop equipment safely for intended purpose
- Use basic soldering and brazing skills as needed.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs.